83 Year old man gives one of his kidneys to a stranger




Kindness comes in different shades and forms. A lot of people would describe themselves as being very kind, but how many people can give one of their kidneys to a total stranger? Well, this gentleman, 83 year old Nicholas Crace who is the latest member of an exclusive club known as altruistic donors - someone who gives a kidney to somebody on the National Health Service (NHS) waiting list whom they do not know. He is the oldest living kidney donor in the UK and the oldest person in the country to give a kidney to a stranger. Crace said: "I knew that 7,000 people are waiting for a kidney and that one person dies almost every day while waiting. I couldn't have lived with myself with the knowledge that I had had the chance of changing someone's life and turned it down."  When interviewed on the ITV1 news, he looked very well and confirmed the receiver of his donor is doing very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is an offence to walk and text