Seyi Allen: Showbiz Impresario




Seyi Allen is an Artiste manager/producer and promoter, he's also manager to his very beautiful singer wife, Azeezat. We had a chat about his career and the recent threats to his family. He is very open, funny, charming and well focused.
Your dad was the first editor of the Nigerian Tribune News Paper, did this in anyway influence or paved the way for your entertainment career?
It did in a way. My dad often told me how he interviewed entertainers like Bobby Benson, KSA, Fela and so many more, and I would listen in amazement. He also worked @ FRCN then NBC, before becoming the editor of Tribune.

Wow....We would love to have learnt a thing or two @ his feet. We know you as an Artiste manager/producer and promoter, give us a bit more insight into your life please..
I am a people lover, and easy loved by people. I take pleasure in making the weak and down trodden happy when they seem sad. I hate to be materialistic. I would die for music. I was the first organiser of the first ever hip-hop awards in Nigeria. I named the comtemporary naija music "Afro hip-hop" which is now being used by everybody.

Who are some of the artiste on your books? Is there any artiste out there that you have seen and gone "wow, I would love to have been his/her manager"?
Years ago I would have loved to be Tevin Campbels or Bobby Browns manager. I was supposed to be 2faces manager @ the beginning of his career but I got too busy doing other things and could not continue. Currently, maybe a Davido or a Brymo. But there is "one" yet unknown.

What are the barriers/challenges you encounter in the course of carrying out your job? What can be done to make the industry on par with say the US music industry?
Lagos hold ups to start with,lol. Huge capital has always been an issue to contend with.You may have to use years to raise funds for what you believe in. We need huge precise/concise marketing organizations that can keep good records of sales and stuffs. We need international class audio mix studios and sound engineers.

Oh and is it true you and your wife were being threatened? Did you report it to the police and what happened exactly?
I was called on my private line by 1:30am Nigerian time by some guys who claimed to be assassins. They said they were outside the gate of my house. And they came to kill my family and I. After much negotiation on phone they asked me to pay a particular amount and they will either give me an account number to pay it in later or tell me where to drop it. I reported this to the police first thing in the morning and gave them the number they called with. The police investigated but the number was never used again after that morning. And I've never heard from them again.

We are sorry to hear that and hope the police finds the perpetrators soon.
On a last note we ask a 'ridonculous question' lol which is the same as a silly question...which three people (doesnt matter who) will you Snog, Marry or Avoid....
TOPE BRASS, TOPE BRASS, TOPE BRASS....LMAO.... GOT YOU.....

Ah! Avoid us ...tut tut tut...lol. Watch out also for Azeezat's new album. Its going to be even hotter than previous ones!

Comments

  1. We can't wait!
    Bukola

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha hahaha. very intresting and funny interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that her ife song. Thanks tope, i dint even know she was married

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is an offence to walk and text