Red meat can kill!!!!!
Just as I was about to sit for my lunch of Steak and chips (and a side of salad to deceive myself I'm eating healthy...lol), I came across an article which read:
Red meat is not only unhealthy but can be positively lethal, according to a major US study.
The research shows regularly eating red meat - especially the processed variety - dramatically increases the risk of death from heart disease and cancer.
Each additional daily serving of processed red meat, equivalent to one hot-dog or two rashers of bacon, raised the chances of dying by a fifth. But the study found that cutting red meat out of the diet led to significant benefits. Replacing red meat with fish, poultry, or plant-based protein foods contributed to a longer life, the study says.
No bets on what I did next. I ate it all up of course! I will stop eating meat tomorrow. Ah! Or next. J

Comments
Post a Comment