Baba Dee: I'm way in too deep to leave acting and theatre
We had a chat with Musician Dare Fasasi popularly known by his alias Baba Dee. He spoke about his love for music and the arts generally. He's a delight to talk to, witty and very charming. Enjoy.
You recently mused on your twitter in your own words : 'just wrote a freaky tune, wonder if I can ever record such explicit content.' lol... tell us about it......
I'm beginning to feel a bit more responsible for my society, since I got back from Europe I found out a lot has change in Naija, I just don't want to add to the slackness by glamorising money! Sex or how bad a boy I am, so no freaky tunes, gum body is enough lol!.
Yours is a showbiz family, what with you and your younger brother (Sound Sultan) also being a musician..
Aight we both discovered our talent in music I guess.
Do you write your own songs?
Yes! you are also an actor, whats up with that? Did you shelf acting to concentrate fully on music?
I love acting, I also studied Theatre Acts @ the University of Ibadan,and I also did directing for fiction film in Manchester. I do my acting gigs but I'm more into directing, we just opened Naija Ninja studio, a production company with digital equipment rentals . I just concluded directing 'Times of Our Life' a T.V drama for Lucile Ayorinde the writer of super story. and I'm also working on a drama series about the music industry in naija, it's tittled "Hustle 2 Fame" and I'm starting an acting work shop for youths in Festac Town. I'm way in too deep to leave acting and theatre, I feel I should create the opportunities I never got for the younger ones truth is this generation is having it really bad. I've been involved with some cinema films like 'Grey Focus', the 'Tanant' and were are working on 'Ghetto Red Hot'.
On a last note we always ask our celebs a 'ridonculous' question lol... which is the same as a silly question...If you were the president (of Nigeria) for one day..what would you do?
President for a day? Guess I'll chill and have fun cause a day is not enough to do anything ....lol!..... Just kidding I'll send all men to the fam and fight hunger for a week lol!
President for a day? Guess I'll chill and have fun cause a day is not enough to do anything ....lol!..... Just kidding I'll send all men to the fam and fight hunger for a week lol!
Listen to his new music here www.gidimp3.com/
Enjoy this music video 'SODI E' Ft 2Face, Lala and Sound Sultan directed by Baba Dee



Comments
Post a Comment