Slam is Back, Bigger and Better




Singer Udoka Christopher Oguamanam a.k.a Slam is set to release his fourth album later in the year. The “I Bu Chineke” crooner who has actually been busy doing movie soundtracks despite rumours of a lull in his career said the yet-to-be-titled album will have a new twist that will differ from the usual style he is known for. Already he has released one single titled Tamara in a compilation that will have more gospel and inspiration songs. This follows his stage performance in the Miss West Africa international pageant that held in Gambia and a meeting with the country’s president Yaya Djameh.


Much of the songs were inspired by the Gambian experience and other events in the singer’s life. A key one was an auto accident he had last year in Rivers State, Where the driver of the vehicle died, Slam was fortunate to escape with only injuries.


With the normal feel-good songs he is synonymous with still featuring on an upcoming album that should drop in June or July, he also revealed that plans are underway for a collaboration with Tu Face, and a novel marketing approach.








“Actually, I decided to do this after my accident of December 22, 2010 while I was heading down to Port Harcourt. It was along that Ogoni Express. They are actually having some construction stuff going on there. I stayed in the hospital all through Christmas day. After the accident, it sprung up a kind of reaction and it has inspired my best shot, to thank God for everything. This is the only way to thank him because if I had died, what would have been my contribution to the world? I started feeling so empty and decided to do this.”

“For now I am still under the management of Now Music but right now I am going to be doing stuff on my own because it is a different dimension and I am working with a lot of people now. They have different strategies on how to push the work forward since I am coming with a twist. It is a different dimension I am doing, not the regular one.”


 We got a sneak listen to "Tamara" and boy! A really great song, 5 stars we would say. "Tamara", Slam says is giving God praise and thanks for sparing his life in that ghastly motor accident.


“This is just one song called “Tamara”, the second would be called “Blessings”,” he said.  “It is not going to be a gospel album all through but will have a lot of gospel songs and inspirational songs as well. I have not decided the name yet but the one off the top of my head is reaction.”

On unconfirmed reports that his musical career was on its last legs, Slam said such comments were ridiculous as music is the mainstay of his existence and happiness.  

Comments

  1. Slam where has he beeeeeeeeen? He's a wonderful artist, knew there was something brewing with the long silence. I believe his new album will top the chart as always....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading your blog for the first time. keep it up. We cant wait for Slam to come back. are the songs out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember slam from one of paul play's videos but cant remember what its called

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is an offence to walk and text