Demetri Turin talks about his career, family and the blockbuster THE PAST CAME CALLING
Demetri Turin is a 48 year old actor from London, United Kingdom. He was a bass player in a rock band for many years and did tap dancing from the age of 5 -16. He did 15 months of circus training and several dance shows. Some of his acting jobs includes: "Let There Be Light"; Noel Cowards - "Peace in Our Time"; "Three's a Shroud"; and most recently he played Dean in "The Past Came Calling" (A film by Ruke Amata). Demetri is married. We spoke to him about his career, how he went from being in a rock band to acting, groupies and his recent foray in a Nollywood movie.
His very beautiful wife, also added that life with Demetri is never dull, as he is 20 characters rolled into one, to which Demetri retorted in a jokey manner, " hey she's Irish, so as far as I am concerned, she hasn't got a leg to stand on?".
We also wanted to know what it was like working on the set of THE PAST CAME CALLING, and if there were any revelations working with the great Nollywood crew and a bit about his family life.
I really, really did enjoy working with Ruke (Amata) and Osi (Okponobi), as they created a warm and relaxed atmosphere, which in turn made it easy to work/act in. There were no obstacles to over come because of this. It was also nice, as none of the other actors involved had huge egos, which is a pet hate of mine, so they also were easy to work with. I genuinely hope to be working with Nollywood again in the near future. I have lived in Poland, Lanzarote, Germany and travelled most of Europe on the motorbike. I have a 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. Oh and I love the old muscle American cars of the 60's. I love Jazz. Soul, Classical and Opera.
Well, we think he's a great actor, wicked sense of humour, very very good looking, (*swoon) and very unaware of his charms. And he can cook!!
![]() |
"I did several private dance shows. I wanted to be another Gene Kelly, even though Fred Astaire is the master, so I incorporated somersaults etc into my tap routines. I was in a Gospel Musical last year with "Clyde Jones" called "Tell Hell I Ain't coming". I have written a play called "A Destiny With Death" that goes to theatre in April in which I also play the role of Lucifer. This will be my 4th time to play Lucifer, I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something lol? I am also in a pilot movie at present called " Funny or Die Trying" in which I play a sleazy landlord. Seldom do I get the roles of a nice man, boo hoo.I actually stopped playing in bands soon after I met my wife and moved down to Cornwall where I opened a restaurant serving international dishes from around the world, I am a trained chef. My wife says she married me because of that and the fact that I ride motorbikes, cheek... And there's me thinking it was for my looks, she says no, dam? I met her when she was a groupie...he he I have been riding motorbikes for 31 years now, yup, I have survived? Playing in rock bands was fun. I wrote a lot of music, had fun, travelled, had groupies...bad man but I would like to add that I did not take advantage of that as I had a Polish girlfriend at the time. I prefer acting, although I can play a few wind instruments, but my passion is acting, especially Shakespearean roles. I once played seven characters in Macbeth."




Nice! Added to that is, Demetri is such a wonderful and charming bloke, with a very pleasant personality, even off stage or set. Wonderful bloke to work with too!
ReplyDeleteAww Osi, that is really kind of you to say so. You are on my Christmas card list for sure. Regards to you and your wife.
Delete