Child Abuse is real!
When I was about 18years old, a young girl of about 15 came to me. She told me she was being abused by her step-father. I was so lost for words and seriously did not know what to do or say to help her. She was crying so much and let me know it had been going on for years. I asked why she didn’t tell her mum about it, her response was that she tried to tell her once but was beaten blue black. I knew she had an older sister, so I told her to talk to her sister. A few days after our conversation I tried to look for her at home but was told she ran away from home. I was so gutted, I didn’t know who to turn to or tell. I couldn’t sleep well for a long time. I later learnt she was seen in another city, but it has been a long time now and I do wonder about her and I know I could have done more even though I would have gotten into a lot of trouble. What could have been done?
Comments
Post a Comment